Wellness Corner: What’s Your Frequency?
by Georgia Homsany, RMSHRM Communications Committee, Founder & CEO of Daily Dose Wellness
If you’ve read up on the Law of Attraction, The Secret or anything similar, you may have heard the phrase “raise your frequency,” but what does that mean?
There is a theory that what we get out of life is based on our energy or our “frequency”. Essentially, what we get out is what we put in. If you are sending negative vibes into the world (i.e.- putting yourself down, cursing at other cars when you’re driving, etc.,) in theory, this will attract more negative energy to you. When you are vibrating at a higher level, you feel lighter, happier, and more at ease.
Whether you are a believer in manifestation and the Law of Attraction, we wanted to share ways you can “raise your vibes” (aka your frequency) to try and promote more positivity in your life.
As HR Leaders, you have the weight of the company on your shoulders, so why not ask the Universe to send back a little bit of love?
5 Ways to Raise Your Frequency
1) Meditate & Practice Mindfulness- If you’re new to meditating, I suggest using an app to get started, such as Calm or Headspace. You can meditate in as little as 5 minutes per day to start seeing the impact. When you are mindful or meditating, you work towards being present in the moment. When we are able to focus on the present moment we’re raising our frequency, since thinking about the past or the future can cause us to feel sad or anxious or to strive for more instead of being grateful for what we have now.
2) Think Positive Thoughts- Think about things that make you happy and give thanks for those things. Spend time closing your eyes and thinking about them and how they make you feel. Live in moments of happiness and gratitude. We are able to do this when we slow down and stop to think about things. Take a walk during the day without your phone to take in nature and practice gratitude for things in your life. Or sit and enjoy your meals and take in all the cues as you consume food.
3) Eat High Vibrational Foods- It’s no surprise here that foods from the earth (i.e.- plants and vegetables) have a higher vibration than processed foods. Meat is also considered to be a low vibration food. This may be the reason we feel sleepy or sluggish after consuming meat. While the thought here isn’t to cut off meat entirely if you’re a meat lover, it’s just being aware that the more you can swap out meat for plant-based foods and grains, you will feel lighter have more energy.
4) Forgive Someone- Holding onto past hurt or negative emotions will only lower your vibration. Acknowledge the pain someone caused you, then let it go so you can detach and move on to more positive feelings.
5) Be Mindful of Your Tech Intake- Are you watching things that make you happy? Or are you consuming media that spurs feelings of jealousy, anxiousness or stress? Whether it’s a TV show, movie, Tik Tok video, social media scrolling…be aware of how that activity is making you feel. Does watching the news stress you out or depress you? Perhaps replace that activity with watching a funny comedy skit instead.
The key to raising your vibrational energy is first being mindful of how things make you feel. Are you rushing through your day without taking note of things? As HR professionals, that answer is likely Yes! Take note of how things make you feel, whether that’s a meeting, or what you had for lunch. Then start to replace some things that are lowering your vibration (making you feel sad, stressed or angry) and replace that with things that bring you positivity, gratitude that are higher vibrations.
Do one of these tips today to start raising your vibes!