What do we mean by DEI at Raleigh Metro?
- Inclusion – The degree to which diversity is embedded, integrated, and involved.
- Diversity – Diversity is demography and often representational. It is a complex interplay of social identities and issues.
- Belonging – Operationalized when individuals are considered part of the constitutional foundation of an organization or institution. Belonging is achieved when individuals have the ability to critique and hold an institution responsible for advancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Equity – Fairness and parity in distribution of resources based on historical and contemporary differentials that mitigate participation in society.
- Access – Providing equal opportunity, participation, accommodations, and services for community members of all abilities